For the record, I am a huge fan of Texas, but I am not so sure about El Paso. My friends have been calling it the "Butt-hole of Texas". So, I thought I would do some research and really, I haven't found much that has impressed me. At least not enough for me to be happy about my family leaving.
Other (more appropriate) nicknames: "Star of the Southwest," "The Sun City," "Land of the Sun", and "Chuco Town"
Population of 609,415
Average high temperature is 78 degrees
Sixth-largest city in Texas and the 21st-largest city in the U.S.

So goodbye Thomas, Mom, Kayden, Mikayla and Mallory. You will be missed.
8 comments:
Well, I don't know if I would call it the "Butt-Hole" of Texas but I also grew up there so I guess I see it a little differently. It's not ALL bad but it's not that great either. I only love it because my parents are there. And for the record...it gets A LOT hotter than 78 degrees! I don't know how I survived in that heat.
im so sorry, that sucks!
Oh my gosh. I haven't seen your little sisters in AGES. I can't believe how grown up they are. So crazy.
My mom told me about your mom moving. I was shocked. I even saw your mom on Halloween and she didn't seem overly thrilled. But maybe that's because she didn't exactly remember who I am. Kidding. Kind of... Happy moving to them! I hope they get settled quickly.
Aparently you can get cheap house cleaning ladies down there. I personally have never left about a one mile radius of the airport. So, truely I have no idea what it's like. I'm sure you could get some really good Mexican food down there!
Im sorry Mardi- I know you will miss them.U will jsut have to visit them in TX! Tell Jer to start saving up. :)
correction: the butt-hole of texas is tied between midland and odessa. el paso ain't no pearl... i mean, you've got the good folk of juarez coming over to use the walmart and peepin' at you through their windows across the border. but it is nice and warm. if you need a place to stay while visiting your folks, dallas is only a day's drive away!
At least there was a song written about it. "Out in the old texas town of el paso..."
sad that your family is moving :( what takes them to Texas? I haven't lived in El Paso but close to fort worth and Dallas and really liked it there. hopefully things go well with them. sad you have to now go visit them in texas though! you won't see them as often. take care
Post a Comment