As most of you know, I am a Republican and I voted accordingly with the candidates. As much as I don't 100% agree with President-Elect Obama's politics, I am sick of my fellow Republicans making comments that the world is coming to an end now that Barack Obama is President. I feel this man deserves respect in this position. As an American, I am happy to support him as our President in 2009.
In celebration of President-Elect Barack Obama, I have found one of my favorite SNL skits, "Solid as Barack":
13 comments:
Amen. I had a couple fellow registered republicans who thougth I'd lost my mind when I told them I didn't want to vote for either candidate and spent a few insane moments going back and forth between the 2 candidates. I don't think Brack is going to start killing people off so maybe we should all relax and give him a shot. Good post!
I agree. I'm a pretty conservative Republican, so McCain wasn't that much better anyway. I think Obama deserves some credit and should be given a chance.
I agree 100%!! If more than half of the country voted for him, maybe WE were the one who were wrong! (I doubt it, but I am willing to see it through....) LOL!
I love SNL and got a big kick out of this skit! I agree with you that we should support our president, even if we don't agree with everything he says and does.
i started a similar post on this topic but haven't decided if i should publish it or not. i don't claim either party, but holy smokes... he won. it's over. he deserves our respect and a fair shot to prove himself. personally i'm pretty excited... there hasn't been this much patriotism floatin' around this country since we rallied around the 9-11 tragedy.
i agree, we need to support our president. I am proud to be an american and dont get too wrapped up in politics and i dont like it either when people say things and think the world is coming to an end
Thanks for all the laughs!
Hey saw the link to your blog from Heathers that read Wanda's future in-laws and I just had to check it out! I have to say well said. I am so tired of all the "world is ending crap" Can I say crap here? eh okay well I love your blog and I love this SNL clip! Heathers sister in-law Bek
Lets not forget that we are first Americans!
He is our President and hopefully he will be able make the changes and improvements our country needs.
Yeah, Solid as Barack! Barack me Baby! Baracking me softly with his Song! Barack and Roll.
Mardi! I noticed your blog on Brigittes! How is life treating you these days? according to your blog it looks like everything is well with you and your adorable little family! keep in touch! P.S. How do you guys know benji and melissa hadfield? (Benji is Jimmys cousin)
Hey Mardi! I for one don't think that the world is coming to an end because he is going to be our new president, but I sure do have a hard time respecting or supporting the man. As an american, and as a member of the lds church I might add, we have the right, responsibility, and privilege of making our beliefs and opinions known.
Barrack supports partial birth abortions, which is probably the most disgusting thing ever. I really believe that someone who's morals are so backward is not the person who should be in charge of our country. If you read Elder Russel M Nelson's talk (on abortion) in the October 2008 ensign he says that a country will not prosper if we continue to do this.
But we do live in a democracy and the people get to make the choice, and this is what they have chosen. I just hope that he does better than I am thinking he will do!!
PS - That SNL skit is halarious!!
Nia, I totally agree with you on the abortions. That is my biggest problem with democrats.
Post a Comment