My awesome boss, Darren was laid-off last week. It has brought me great sadness. Part of the reason I have always loved my job so much was because of my great boss. Besides the standard team lunches and Mity-Lite perks. Darren was always a boss that had your back. He took care of his employees and wanted them to be happy. He was the person who saw my potential and hired me even though I bombed my interview. He was the one that made it possible for me to sell close to a million dollars in tables and chairs in one year. He made it possible for me to provide for my family. If I were having a bad day, he could always somehow seem to make it brighter. I owe the past three years of my professional life to him.
Thanks Darren and I am so sorry they had to let you go. Mity-Lite will never be the same.
Job update: I am really lucky that I didn't get laid off. A result of a lot of the changes is that I now have to work full-time. Lets hope that means more money too.
8 comments:
I am so sorry Mardi, it sucks when someone awesome gets laid off. I had an awesome boss at my last job, but he got promoted (very different i know), and work life just isnt the same. Im sorry that you have to work Full time, that isnt fun to leave Beckham. If you need anything let me know, as of right now im off by 130 everyday, so if you need me to help out with him i would be happy to. Also I am like the queen of saving money and being cheap, I bet you are probably good at that too (i mean that in a nice way, i think its a good thing) so we should get together and share all our "be cheap" tips! ;-) I know i always like to learn new ways to save.
Mardi that is not good news however, I am glad you still have a job. Hopefully Moses too. What a rough time our country is having. Keep your chin up, maybe your next boss will be even better!
I'm so sorry to hear that. I knwo the difference a manager can make. On a side note, I wanted to make sure you got an evite from Ariel about a little party we're having on Dec. 28. If you didn't get it can you send me your email address. I would LOVE to see when we're all back in town for the holidays. Yay!
meant Dec. 27. Whatever though, you get my point. :)
I'm sorry to hear about your boss. They same thing happened to me a few years ago, and it stinks. I'm glad to hear you still have a job. I hope things work out for the best! Love ya!
That stinks. I hate hearing about lay offs, especially at Christmas. Skipper and I are grateful everyday for his job.
PS - Congrats on your freedom post below! Is that an awesome feeling!
mardi i'm so sorry about you boss! i remember you saying how much you liked him, i can't imagine how things will be now! i totally know what you mean about the job thing too! kevin's day job layed off 16 people last week and kev though for sure he was going to be one of them! luckly not but still scary! i'm sorry you have to work full time now! i know you love being a at home mom!
I know uve had a rough time with work lately. U r such a good employee- they wouldn't lay u off.:) We love u guys! Hope to see u soon!
Post a Comment